Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) serves as the second primary international gateway and southern hub of the air transportation system of the Philippines. It is located in Mactan Island, province of Cebu in Central Philippines and connected to Cebu City, the provincial capital 20 kilometers due southwest, through the Mactan-Mandaue bridge. The Mactan-Cebu International Airport is also one of the major cargo airports in the Philippines. Mactan-Cebu International Airport is less than 30 minutes from the Cebu City center.
Departure / Terminal Fees and Travel Tax
All Philippine Airports collect a terminal fee for all departing passengers. In Mactan-Cebu International Airport , the terminal fee for domestic flights is P200 and for international flights, it is P550. Citizens of the Philippines, Permanent resident aliens, and non-resident aliens who have stayed in the Philippines for more than one year leaving the country also have to pay a travel tax of P1620 for economy class passage and P2700 for first class passage.
Terminals and Airlines in Mactan-Cebu International Airport
Mactan-Cebu International Airport has one terminal building, which incorporates both domestic and international wings and a combined capacity for 4.5 million passengers and an area of 38, 500 square meters.
International Wing Airlines and Destinations
- Asiana Airlines – Seoul-Incheon
- Cathay Pacific – Hong Kong
- Cebu Pacific – Busan, Hong Kong, Seoul-Incheon, Singapore. View the latest Cebu Pacific Promo Fare 2013.
- China Eastern Airlines – hanghai-Pudong
- China Southern Airlines – Guangzhou
- Korean Air – Seoul-Incheon
- Malaysia Airlines – Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur
- Philippine Airlines – Tokyo-Narita
- Qatar Airways – Doha
- Shenzhen Airlines – Shenzhen
- SilkAir – Singapore
Domestic Wing Airlines and Destinations
- Cebu Pacific – Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Clark, Cotabato, Davao, Dipolog, Dumaguete, General Santos, Iloilo, Kalibo, Legazpi, Manila, Ozamiz, Puerto Princesa, Roxas, Siargao, Surigao, Tacloban, Zamboanga.
- PAL Express operated by Air Philippines – Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Dipolog, Iloilo, Kalibo, General Santos, Ozamiz, Tacloban, Zamboanga
- Philippine Airlines – Davao, Manila
- South East Asian Airlines – Caticlan
- Zest Airways – Cagayan de Oro, Davao, Kalibo, Manila, Siargao , Zamboanga