The historic Taytay Fort, the Fuerza de Santa Isabel, built in 1667 under the Augustinian Recollect Fathers and named in honor of Spain’s Queen Isabela II in the 19th century, was used as a military station during that period. This famous relic was completed on 1738. It was mainly used to defend against Moro raiders in their colorful war boats while the Spanish soldiers fire at them with their huge cannons. The fort’s small chapel and cannons are still intact. The fort is now under the supervision of the National Museum.
Text from : Wikipedia
Taytay Fort is located within the town proper or poblacion of Taytay, Palawan. Buses enroute to El Nido (from Puerto Princesa City) pass by the town of Taytay. From the bus terminal along the National Highway in Taytay, it’s another 5 minute tricycle ride to Taytay Fort.